Saturday, January 16, 2016

Story brain

This year is all about feeding the story brain good stuff, getting it back into shape, maybe reaching the point where I can love writing again for itself, without all the baggage that comes with trying to find a publisher. So far . . . so not sure. But that's okay, because I went into this process knowing it wasn't likely to be easy, or quick. Maybe it's not even possible, but I want to try. When it works, writing is the most healing thing I know of.

I'm having hints that it's working. No words yet, but I'm starting to notice the weird stuff again, the things that make me wonder and ask 'what if?'

Like this, for instance (in case you're curious about how story brain works): I was reading an online article about the likelihood of the Cleveland Browns and Johnny Manziel parting ways, and I figured it would be pretty safe to read the comments. So I'm scrolling down through, and I see one that I think meant to accuse the football player of either being a chronic liar, or a pathological liar. But what it said was, 

"That guy is a chronological liar."

Which made me think time travel. I mean, what kind of guy is a chronological liar? Whereabouts in time would you find him?

I don't know yet. But I'm starting to get curious, and that's a very good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment