Tuesday, January 12, 2016

New issue of Mythic Delirium out, with a poem by . . . me!

Mythic Delirium on Weightless Books


Isn't Anita Allen's cover art fantastic?


In other news, my second crockpotting experiment of the week went much better. I made anafre for game day--also known as Honduran bean fondue. It's black beans, cheese, pork, with garlic, onion, and jalapeno for flavor. Mmm, good stuff. I threw everything in the pot around 11 p.m. Saturday night, on medium heat, and it was all set for the early game on Sunday.

We're finally getting winter weather here, in spades. Snow all day yesterday, and while today started out clear, after ten minutes at the library in town I walked out into sudden whiteout conditions and crept home very carefully. (Though caution may not be enough to save you, if you meet a reckless, careening Jeep trying to speed through a yellow light on slick roads. The guy *justbarelymissed* my front fender. Not a nice feeling, sitting at a light and seeing a big ol' four-wheel drive vehicle skidding toward you. Blue the Civic and I survived intact, though, for which I am thankful.)

I'm taking a brief break from my radio silence since I actually have good news to share. But I'm also really enjoying the quiet, and getting a lot of reading done, so I'll probably be scarce for a while longer. Be good, and joyful, and don't hesitate to let me know if you need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment